About This Course
Diploma in Human Resource Management provides diploma-level courses in Human Resource Management in a four-semester program within two academic years. The courses in the program have been selected to give broad coverage of the functional areas of Human Resource Management.
Philosophy of the Programme
The courses in the program have been selected to give a broad coverage of the various areas of Human Resource Management. The programme has been designed to meet the needs of secondary school leavers or any other person with at least secondary school qualification who may wish to pursue training in Human Resource Management. The program provides a basis for progression to Undergraduate (degree) level of training in Human Resource Management.
The program is anchored on the philosophy of producing leaders in training, research and innovation in the fields of Social Sciences at degree level.
Rationale of the Program
The continued expansion of university education has mostly locked out from training a massive number of potential trainees who do not either qualify for admission into degree programmes or may wish to pursue lower level training. This is aggravated by the increased number of form four leavers who do not qualify for direct admission into degree programs. This has necessitated the development of a diploma level programme that will provide an alternative route of university training to those who did not qualify for direct admission to degree programs.
The overall purpose of Human Resource management
- To enable Human Resource Managers to get the concept of how to manage Human Resource effectively and efficiently.
- Enhance the skills of managers in the changing Human Resource Management environment.
- To equip managers, employees and potential employees with the knowledge, skills and attitude that they need for effective Human Resource Management.
A graduate of this programme should be able to;
- Carry out the key tasks in Human Resource Management functional areas
- Analyze Human Resource Management situations to help in decision making
- Conduct Human Resource Management activities practices within acceptable legal and ethical framework
- Advance to higher levels of training in Human Resource Management and its related disciplines
- Minimum grade of C- (Minus) at KCSE level,
- A relevant Certificate from an accredited institution provided the candidate had a D+ (Plus) in KCSE, OR
- Any other qualification from an accredited institution equivalent to the above